CPVO Variety Finder
Welcome to the CPVO Variety Finder database.
Please, proceed to the CPVO extranet if you already have an access (i.e. login).
You are already in contact with CPVO as a client or an examination office? You may be already registered !
Contact us using this form to receive your login.
You are not in relation with CPVO? You can sign up instantly online to access the Variety Finder.
The CPVO Variety Finder, maintained by the Community Plant Variety Office, includes a similarity search tool to test proposed denominations for similarity and a general searching tool.
- Plant Breeders' Rights data:
- Community Plant Variety Rights data published in the Official gazette of the CPVO (QZ PBR)
- National data of protected varieties (PBR)
- National listings data and common catalogue data (NLI)
- Some commercial registers (COM)
- EU registered trademarks for class 31 (EUTM)
- Plant Patents (PLP)
- Other types of registers codified as ‘ZZZ Other registers’ or ‘REF reference List’
Based on a cooperation agreement between CPVO and UPOV, non EU data recorded in the UPOV PLUTO database are loaded in the Variety Finder as soon as received at the CPVO.
You will find information about national authorities contributing with their data and details about their registers. The general principle is to update of the database as soon as data are officially published.