Welcome to the Community Plant Variety Office Website
The CPVO is an European Union agency, which manages a system of plant variety rights covering the 28 Member States.
The CPVO online filing system:
This service enables users to apply for a Community plant variety right online. This option is available in English, Dutch, German and French.
The CPVO will continuously extend the offer to additional species. Please be aware that paper applications remain of course possible.
The CPVO Variety Finder database:
This database, maintained by the CPVO, includes a similarity search tool to test the suitability of denominations for similarity and a general searching tool. It contains information on registers of more than 60 countries.
- Applications for fruit crops - Update on general instructions on the submission of samples
- Creation of a new organisation - TystofteFoundation
- Plant patenting and plant variety protection, an exchange on practices
- Consequences of the UK referendum on EU membership on CPVO activities
- Plant Variety Protection Course in Wageningen (NL) - 19 till 30 June 2017